Richard HuckabyRichard_Huckaby.htmlRichard_Huckaby.htmlshapeimage_1_link_0
Jesse DixonJesse_Dixon.htmlJesse_Dixon.htmlshapeimage_2_link_0
Harrington BarnHarrington_Barn.htmlHarrington_Barn.htmlshapeimage_3_link_0
Nathan DixonNathan_Dixon.htmlNathan_Dixon.htmlshapeimage_4_link_0
McIntosh BarnMcIntosh_Barn.htmlMcIntosh_Barn.htmlshapeimage_5_link_0
Joseph MatthewsJoseph_Matthews.htmlJoseph_Matthews.htmlshapeimage_6_link_0
Archibald CameronArchibald_Cameron.htmlArchibald_Cameron.htmlshapeimage_7_link_0
Alan Cameronshapeimage_8_link_0
HOMEHOME.htmlHOME.htmlshapeimage_9_link_0
Edwin PattersonEdwin_Patterson.htmlEdwin_Patterson.htmlshapeimage_10_link_0
 

Both Alan and his dad were Revolutionary War Veterans. Learn more about the War

                        Click Here

  

The Alan Cameron House was built in 1796. It was originally located in Harnett County near the Johnsonville community, behind Cameron Hill. The house was situated at the bottom of a hill near a spring. Before the Cameron’s owned the majority of the community it was called Mt. Pleasant.


    There was a 100-acres adjoining where the house was the the Cameron’s had obtained in 1770. Alan’s dad willed him the 100-acres in 1791 and in 1796 he took up a 400-acre grant.


    When the land was divided at his death and his wife got her dower in 1830 it mentioned the track including the dwelling because the house was prominent enough in the poor Sandhills region that it warranted mention in deed transfer

Alan Cameron

To contact Mr. Patterson please email:

pattersonhinton@windstream.net