Richard HuckabyRichard_Huckaby.htmlRichard_Huckaby.htmlshapeimage_1_link_0
Jesse DixonJesse_Dixon.htmlJesse_Dixon.htmlshapeimage_2_link_0
Harrington BarnHarrington_Barn.htmlHarrington_Barn.htmlshapeimage_3_link_0
Nathan DixonNathan_Dixon.htmlNathan_Dixon.htmlshapeimage_4_link_0
McIntosh BarnMcIntosh_Barn.htmlMcIntosh_Barn.htmlshapeimage_5_link_0
Joseph MatthewsJoseph_Matthews.htmlJoseph_Matthews.htmlshapeimage_6_link_0
Archibald Cameronshapeimage_7_link_0
Alan CameronAlan_Cameron.htmlAlan_Cameron.htmlshapeimage_8_link_0
Edwin PattersonEdwin_Patterson.htmlEdwin_Patterson.htmlshapeimage_10_link_0

To Learn More about Wattle construction - 

                    Click Here

    The Archibald Cameron House was built in 1845. It was originally located down on Upper Little River close to where Barbecue Creek feeds in.

    By 1870 Archibald had lost the house and the Withers Family bought it, but based on the style and features of the house it would not have predated Archibald. Mr. Withers raised eight children in this house. Descendants from the Withers Family have come up from Georgia to visit the property.

It has a Mud-n-Stick chimney, also known as Wattle. At one time there would have been thousands of them in the state. Now there are very few left, Mr. Patterson knows of five that are still around including this one. When he bought this house the chimney was missing so he recreated it based on the notching in the end of the house where the chimney is.

Archibald Cameron

To contact Mr. Patterson please email: