HOMEshapeimage_1_link_0
 

  

Edwin Patterson developed an interest in early buildings from the areas surrounding Lee County in 1981. He moved the first building, The Huckaby log cabin, to this site in 1983. Since then he has successfully moved 13 houses/barns/sheds to this one central location. The majority of the buildings are from the late 1700’s and early 1800’s.


He has restored the buildings, as closely as possible, to their original states. He has helped keep North Carolina’s history alive.


Click on any House to learn about its construction and the family that lived there.



To contact Mr. Patterson please email:

pattersonhinton@windstream.net

Learn about the Tar Kiln located on the property:

Click Here

Living History

Edwin Patterson


“One man’s passion helps keep our history alive”

Richard Huckaby Cabin

Alan Cameron House

Jesse Dixon House

Harrington Barn

Nathan Dixon Springhouse

McIntosh Tobacco Barn

Joseph Matthews House

Archibald Cameron Cabin