Richard HuckabyRichard_Huckaby.htmlRichard_Huckaby.htmlshapeimage_1_link_0
Jesse DixonJesse_Dixon.htmlJesse_Dixon.htmlshapeimage_2_link_0
Harrington BarnHarrington_Barn.htmlHarrington_Barn.htmlshapeimage_3_link_0
Nathan Dixonshapeimage_4_link_0
McIntosh BarnMcIntosh_Barn.htmlMcIntosh_Barn.htmlshapeimage_5_link_0
Joseph MatthewsJoseph_Matthews.htmlJoseph_Matthews.htmlshapeimage_6_link_0
Archibald CameronArchibald_Cameron.htmlArchibald_Cameron.htmlshapeimage_7_link_0
Alan CameronAlan_Cameron.htmlAlan_Cameron.htmlshapeimage_8_link_0
HOMEHOME.htmlHOME.htmlshapeimage_9_link_0
Edwin PattersonEdwin_Patterson.htmlEdwin_Patterson.htmlshapeimage_10_link_0
 

The use of a Spring House

                - Click Here

 

This Springhouse was built around 1789. It is hard to get an exact date because a lot of recycled wood was used to build it. The owner, Nathan Dixon, was the brother of Jesse Dixon, who lived in the Quaker House.


    It is very likely that since Jesse Dixon had a sawmill on his property he cut the wood for his brother and they hauled it over to where this springhouse was built. (Which was only about a mile away)


    There was originally a log cabin adjoining the springhouse what was destroyed. It was probably Nathan’s early home.

  

Nathan Dixon

To contact Mr. Patterson please email:

pattersonhinton@windstream.net